Friday, May 14, 2010

Chapter 16: Truth Unfolds (teaser)

Edward’s eyes lowered to where his fingers grazed my skin. The spark from his touch surged through my body, making even the tips of my toes tingle. Goosebumps formed across my skin, covering every inch of me.

“Meu anjo,” he whispered. “Leva o mal.”  He gently rubbed his fingers back and forth over my heart.

I had no idea what he said to me, but the words were beautiful, and because they seemed so personal, my eyes closed from the intensity in which they impacted me. I knew whatever he’d just said was mine alone, that he’d never said the words to anyone else. They were meant for only me.

“Edward,” I breathed. I didn’t realize I was even speaking until the sound of his name hit the air.

His fingers stilled over my heart, and I opened my eyes, meeting his guilt ridden ones. “Bella…I… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have… but your heart, I wanted to touch it and-” He paused, shaking his head, then began pulling his hand away.

If he only knew how much he’d already touched my heart.

I gripped his hand in mine, bringing it back to cover my heart with his palm. I wanted him to know it was okay, that he did nothing wrong. “You don’t have to be sorry for touching me.”

“It’s true,” he whispered as he stared at the hand placed over my heart.

“What is?”

“About the softness,” he murmured. “You can… see it.” His eyes met mine again. “I see yours because you are softness. It’s your heart.”

0 comments: