Friday, May 7, 2010

Chapter 4: Home Again (teaser)

Fifteen minutes later, I was sitting inside Charlie’s cruiser on my way to the hospital. “How’s the head, Kiddo? You doing okay?”

“Dad, I’m fine,” I chuckled. “I’d feel better if I could just get home in my own bed. I think an icepack would be good enough. I don’t need to see a doctor.”

“Bella,” he started; his tone authoritative. “You’re going. The way I see it, you gave your old man quite a scare, so the least you can do is go see Dr. Cullen and have him look at that head of yours. I realize you hate hospitals, but I’d feel better all the same if I knew you were okay.”

I sighed. “I don’t really have a choice, do I?”

He shook his head. “Nope.”

“How’s Emmett?” I asked. “Does he know that I-”

“He does,” Charlie interrupted. “He wanted to come, but I told him to stay home. He came with me to search for you. We’d barely been home an hour when you called. We weren’t giving up.”

“I’m sorry, Dad.”

“I’m just glad you’re okay, Bells. That’s all that matters.”

0 comments: